Lin Hughs, brown belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu, relates how he got a stripe on his white belt after a year, what makes him laugh (everything), what he’s lost, what he’s gained, and how he’d like to fight John Wayne.
Things we talked about during the episode:
- Garajitsu—Lin’s garage, which he made into a place where his friends can come get extra training
- Flow Kimonos—Check them out at that link, and then (if you’re in or near Austin) contact Lin through his Garajitsu page for lower prices.
- ATX BJJ Facebook page—where Lin and others post about regional events and have lively discussions
- Ultimate MMA Fitness—where Lin teaches
- Cooper MMA—where Lin trains and teaches
- Crazy long fight scene in The Quiet Man with John Wayne. Gonna start spitting in my hand before I punch people.
Lin teaching at Ultimate
HBO boxing ad Lin talks about