Jeffrey Norrod talks about his combat injury and how doing Krav Maga can help with recovery from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) and help manage post-traumatic stress. Also hear all about how to realign the bones of the skull, which sounds both awesome and terrible.
Read more . . .
Resources Jeffrey provided—use them and share them:
- Make the Connection, MakeTheConnection.net
- Veterans Crisis Line, VeteransCrisisLine.net, 800-272-8255 (press 1), or text to 838255
- National Center for PTSD
- Description of traumatic brain injury
- Mobile apps for coping with PTSD
- How exercise helps with symptoms of PTSD (PDF)
- Learn more about Jeffrey’s position at the VA—peer specialist
(Please excuse the occasional noise of a stupid loud refrigerator during this episode. Working on getting better recording equipment.)